deutsch  english

    Company    History

History

Our company development

Our company development

Grand opening of WISKA Electric Systems in Shanghai

Picture

The WISKA headquarters in Kaltenkirchen

2017  After the Mulsow family left the company more than 50 years ago, the company name has been adapted in 2017. The WISKA Hoppmann and Mulsow GmbH from now on operates as WISKA Hoppmann GmbH.  

2015  By extending the sales premises in Kaltenkirchen, 15 new work places were created increasing the workforce of WISKA worldwide to 230 employees.   

2014  Production capacity in Kaltenkirchen reached its limits. To respond to the increasing demand, in spring, WISKA obtained a logistics and assembly centre with a direct connection to the existing logistics centre.

2013  WISKA expanded its international network and opened new offices in Paraguay and China with WISKA America SRL in Asunción and WISKA Electric Systems Co., Ltd. in Shanghai.

2011  Founding of the third foreign subsidiary, WISKA Systems Ibérica, SL, in Spain.

2010  WISKA invested in a new building for sales and product management at the Kaltenkirchen location. In the same year, WISKA quality management obtained a new testing laboratory.

Picture

Tanja and Ronald Hoppmann


2009  With WISKA India Pvt. Ltd., the second sales office was established abroad.

2008  WISKA built a new logistics centre in Kaltenkirchen with an area of over 10,000 m².

2007  The VentGLAND®, the world’s first breathing cable gland, was introduced to the market.

2003  WISKA founded a subsidiary, WISKA CCTV GmbH, which was integrated into WISKA Hoppmann GmbH as a division in 2013.

Picture

Peter and Karin Hoppmann


2000  Ronald and Tanja Hoppmann took over management in the third generation. In the same year, WISKA founded its first sales office in the United Kingdom: WISKA UK Ltd.

1994  WISKA became the first manufacturer of multiple reefer container sockets in Europe and is now one of the world leaders in this field.

1969  50 years after founding the company, the production facilities in Hamburg had become too small. With the aim of further expanding the two divisions, maritime products and cable glands, WISKA set up new headquarters in its present location in Kaltenkirchen, tripling its production capacity.

Picture

Hermann Mulsow and Wilhelm Hoppmann

1954  Peter Hoppmann took over the company in the second generation. Later, management was extended to his wife, Karin. In 1961, the Mulsow family left the company.

1933  The idea for the name WISKA – an abbreviation for “Wasserdichte isolierstoffgekapselte Kabelarmaturen” (waterproof cable fittings encapsulated in insulating material) – came up in a conversation.

1925  The two managers expanded their product range. In addition to the original brass products, Hoppmann & Mulsow began to develop and produce the first thermoset plastic cable gland (ISOSTABIL).

1919  A ​​far-sighted engineer at Blohm and Voss, Hamburg, and his former teaching colleague and friend started their own business to produce brass ship installation equipment. Wilhelm Hoppmann and Hermann Mulsow began with cost-effective and precise serial production of these devices for shipyards.

forgot password?

Imprint | T&C | Privacy Policy | Sitemap
Downloads | Press | Contact | login | Print page
Stand: 28.03.2017 20:03:00